HAVE A QUESTION?
Can I apply if I need a work permit?
Yes, however Mazars fully complies with all UK Border Agency regulations. Therefore there are some restrictions on employing individuals who need a work permit. Mazars hold a very limited number of Certificates of Sponsorship for Tier 2 visas so whilst we accept all applications, any offer of employment for a graduate role will be conditional upon the candidate being able to work legally in the UK. If Mazars is potentially able to sponsor you under the terms of the Tier 2 General immigration category, where a Resident Labour Market Test is required, the offer of employment is conditional upon there not being a suitable resident / EEA worker to fill that role.
If you already have valid permission to live and work in the UK, such as leave to remain as a spouse of someone settled in the UK, UK ancestry, or Tier 1 (General) visas, you will not require Tier 2 Sponsorship from Mazars and would therefore be eligible to commence work for Mazars on any of our programmes including the ones mentioned above.
If you hold a Tier 4 General Student visa
If you hold a valid Tier 4 General student visa and will continue to do so after your anticipated start date, we may be able to transfer your visa to Tier 2. If you are able to satisfy one of the following, you are eligible to apply to any of our graduate and undergraduate positions and your application will be progressed through our selection process as normal:
- You have successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor’s or master’s degree; or UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE); or you have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK towards a UK PhD during your last grant of leave or period of continuous leave which includes your last
- Your period of study and/or research towards your award was undertaken whilst you had entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK and you were not subject to a restriction preventing you from undertaking a course of study and/or research; and
- You studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points-Based System; and
- You are applying from inside the UK.
Restrictions on graduate training programmes
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for certain roles as the salary does not meet the current UKBA Code of Practice salary benchmark. For roles where the salary does not meet the UKBA Code of Practice and if you do not have valid permanent permission to live and work in the UK we will not be able to progress your application for that particular position.
Mazars cannot sponsor certain training programmes under Tier 2 as the UK Border Agency’s Code of Practice salaries will not be met. Salaries will be met in:
- London (apart from roles within Internal Audit)
- Milton Keynes
Mazars therefore cannot sponsor for programmes in other offices.